DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Membrane Separation Technology Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The market for membrane separation technology is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 4% globally during the forecast period.
- Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation
- Axeon Water technologies
- Koch Membrane Systems
- NITTO DENKO CORPORATION
- Pall Corporation
- Permionics Membranes Private Limited.
- Samco Technologies, Inc
- TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
Key Market Trends
Growing Application of Reverse Osmosis Technology
- Membrane Separation Technology covers all engineering approaches for the transport of substances between two fractions with the help of permeable membranes. In general, mechanical separation processes for separating gaseous or liquid streams use membrane technology.
- Reverse osmosis (RO) technology uses a partially permeable membrane to remove unwanted molecules and larger particles from drinking water. The process is similar to other membrane technology applications.
- In the pharmaceutical & chemical industry purified water plays an important role in the reaction mechanism where the use of reverse osmosis and other membrane technologies play a vital role.
- In the Food & Beverages industry, the use of purified water has a prominent role where the application of membrane separation technology for water purification is widely in use.
- About 296 Approved Cold Chain Projects in Food Processing industry have been approved in India as on May 2019 creating a major scope for the usage of reverse osmosis for water purification.
- Water and wastewater treatment application leads in the utilization of membrane technology with China, United States, India, Germany playing a major role in this market.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for membrane separation technology during the forecast period. In countries like China, India, and Japan because of the growing awareness among people to consume purified water, the demand for membrane separation technology has been increasing in the region.
- The largest producers of different membrane technologies are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of membrane technology are Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation, TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC, DuPont, NITTO DENKO CORPORATION, Samco Technologies, Inc.
- In the pharmaceutical industry, these membranes are used in the membrane distillation process and also to treat wastewater.
- Chinese pharmaceutical industry which is valued at about ~USD 145 billion currently, represents the biggest emerging market with growth tipped to reach about ~USD 200 billion by 2022, thus increasing the scope of the market.
- Traditional method of purifying water with chemicals is replaced with this membrane technology with growing awareness in developing countries which created scope for this market.
- In developing countries like China, India and Japan, to reduce the usage of polluted water which acts as severe health hazard, many purification technologies are being adopted depending upon their efficiency in purifying and filtration processes.
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for membrane separation technology market during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Application in Water & Wastewater Treatment
4.1.2 Growing Demand from Food, Pharmaceutical & Other Processing Industries
4.2.1 High Price Bar of Membranes
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Membrane Technology
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corporation
6.4.3 Axeon Water technologies
6.4.5 Koch Membrane Systems
6.4.6 NITTO DENKO CORPORATION
6.4.7 Pall Corporation
6.4.8 Permionics Membranes Private Limited.
6.4.9 Samco Technologies, Inc
6.4.10 TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Demand for Water Purification in Developing Countries
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/aegtkn